I’ve been celebrating being 20 for eight days now. Relishing in the fact that my teenage years are over, and my twenties have begun. I have really got to thinking. Two decades comes with a lot of knowledge. A lot of life lessons that really impacted my life. What turned me into the person that I am today. I thought I might just share those life lessons with you all today.
20 Life Lessons
- Not everyone will be your friend. People will dislike you just for the purpose of not liking you.
- Those people that dislike you may try to get to you, but you have the power not to let them. If you don’t acknowledge them, they’ll become irrelevant in a blink of an eye.
- Life isn’t fair.
- Don’t waste your life away by hating others. Life is too short.
- It’s okay to cry. Sometimes it’s just the right medicine.
- Life is supposed to be fun. Don’t waste time being so serious.
- Save your money. You might want to travel some day instead of spending that money on clothes you won’t wear for more than a few months.
- But don’t feel bad if you want to buy yourself a fro-yo after a long day at school or work. Reward yourself occasionally for putting in all that work.
- Don’t judge others so quickly. You may think you know them, but you make also be completely misunderstanding the vibes they give out.
- Don’t act on your judgment. You may believe whatever you believe, but it’s rude to insult someone because they support what you don’t believe in. If it’s not hurting anyone, why is it any of your business as to what they are doing?
- You don’t have to follow the crowd. Everyone around you is getting engaged/married/having kids. It doesn’t mean you have to. You’re in college for goodness sake. Think about your career now.
- Leave the pity party ASAP. Life’s to short to throw yourself a pity party when things don’t go as planned.
- You’re strong. You can get through any curve ball life throws at you.
- Don’t settle for ‘no’. Just because a job opportunity tells you no, doesn’t mean you can’t get another job. Keep trying.
- Be crazy today. Go out while it’s pouring, and dance in the rain. You have all the time in the world to be crazy. You don’t have to grow into a serious adult who wears suits, and has no time to party.
- The world may seem like it’s ending now, but will this matter in a year or two?
- Take on the adventure. You have all the time in the world to sit at home and watch Netflix, but don’t miss on an adventure.
- Friends will come and go in life. Don’t settle for someone who doesn’t value you as much as you value them. Make new life long friends.
- Anxiety is real. No matter how many people tell you it’ll all be okay, sometimes your brain won’t agree with that. It’s okay. You’re not alone. Anxiety is real.
- Your life is a gift. Cherish it. Once it’s over, it’s over. You don’t get second chances. Live your life to the fullest.
Like I said on my last post, live your life to the fullest friends. My question of the day for you all:
Which of these life lessons have you embraced?
Thank you all for reading. Be sure to link your own blog, Twitter, Instagram down below for me to get to know you.
my snapchat: annaissmaxwell